- ESIF Managing Authorities planning ESIF Reserve Fund
ESIF Managing Authorities planning ESIF Reserve Fund
The ESIF Managing Authorities are currently putting in place plans for an ESIF Reserve Fund to maximise use of uncommitted ESIF funds in the final phase of the 2014-20 programming period.
Plans are still under development but in summary the purpose of this fund will be to actively manage any underspend in a coordinated way. What we know so far is:
- The funds will be nationally managed but with priority given to geographical areas where commitment has been under-achieved and to thematic objectives which are under-committed.
- Funds will be made available within Priority Axis but not specific to individual Investment Priorities – improving flexibility of use.
- The funds will be used to maximise the achievement of outputs and results and will draw on management information and evaluation data to identify best value for money and delivery methods in achieving results.
- No specific cut off deadline is being set for ‘claw back’ of local funds but broadly this will be done in negotiation with LEP areas over Autumn 2019.
In D2N2 our priority is to maximise use of our existing allocation (avoiding claw back if at all possible) and consider how additional investment through the Reserve Fund might aid the achievement of priorities or shortfalls from our ESIF Strategy. We will keep you informed as this progresses.
Article uploaded 7/3/19